RE: RAID

From: Ron Rogers <RROGERS_at_galottery.org>
Date: Fri, 27 Oct 2000 14:28:02 -0400

The spindle theory is the usage of separate drives for rollback segs, temp = segs, data segs, index segs, user segs, tools segs, etc. It tries to = follow the Foundation Architechure persrcibed by Oracle and common sence. HTH
ROR =AA=BF=AA >>> Satar.Naghshineh_at_irvine.mellesgriot.com 10/27/00 03:04PM >>> Cache, regardless of RAID level, is always dangerous. That's why when you look for storage solutions, make sure that the cache is mirrored and that there is a backup power device that allows the cache to sync in the drives before powering off. To take it to the next level, make sure the data path to the drives are redundant as well.

Ron, I don't understand the logic behind your spindle theory.=20

by the way, RAID also works well for killing insects!

Regards,
Satar