RE: Suppressing a column heading

From: Alldaffer, Ron <ralldaff_at_siemens-psc.com>
Date: Fri, 27 Oct 2000 15:05:58 -0500

Kimberly,

The other way to do this is to change the SQL statement:

select col1, rpad(col2, LENGTH OF COLUMN 2) || col3 col2 from table1;

This appends the col3 value to col2 and therefore does not put a heading above col3, just uses the col2 heading.

With this option all of the formatting of the column must be doe as part of the SELECT statement, and does not work very well if col2 or col3 might wrap.

If changing the SELECT statement like this does not work, then I think the only thing you can do is format with no heading as shown below.

Good Luck,
Ron Alldaffer
Ciber, Inc. Consultant
Maple Grove, MN