R: What has your experience been with 8.1.6?

From: MARCOTULLI ARMANDO <AMarcotulli_at_grupposiac.it>
Date: Fri, 27 Oct 2000 15:50:41 +0200

Bad experience with 8162.
I posted some days ago an email "unlike upgrade" where I described our upgrade from 805 to 8162 as a nightmare. We had to wait for 40 days to know the solution. If you use CBO and have any full table space scan you may to tune them. Take a look to bug 1421166 and see the:=20 Oracle8i Designing and Tuning for Performance Release 2 (8.1.6)
A76992-01
ORDERED_PREDICATES hint, 7-35.

Our environment:
Solaris 2.6 16bit