Maximum Number of columns in a table

From: Szeto, Kent <Kent.Szeto_at_team.telstra.com>
Date: Fri, 27 Oct 2000 15:10:35 +1100

Dear List,

A developer in our group tried creating a table with 1500 columns. He got an error ORA-01792 stating that the maximum number of columns in a table or view is 1000.

Is this a real limit imposed by Oracle or one that imposed by a mis-configuration?

We are running Oracle 8.0.6 on Solaris 7.

Thanks for your answers in advance.

regards,

Kent Szeto
Email: mailto:Kent.Szeto_at_team.telstra.com <mailto:Kent.Szeto_at_team.telstra.com> Received on Thu Oct 26 2000 - 23:10:35 CDT