RE: count(*)

From: Steve Orr <sorr_at_arzoo.com>
Date: Thu, 26 Oct 2000 08:54:26 -0700

I think it depends on your version of Oracle. It used to make a difference and the "secret" tuning tidbit was not to use count(*). Since then Oracle has optimized count(*). Now I think it's OK as long as you're not using version 6. (Does anyone know which specific release addressed this? Maybe as late as 7.1?) If you're still using version 6 then you probably have other, more serious problems.

Steve Orr

Author: Henry Poras
  INET: Henry.Poras_at_ctp.com

to: ListGuru_at_fatcity.com (note EXACT spelling of 'ListGuru') and in the message BODY, include a line containing: UNSUB ORACLE-L (or the name of mailing list you want to be removed from). You may also send the HELP command for other information (like subscribing). Received on Thu Oct 26 2000 - 10:54:26 CDT