RE: Can I still do a full database export in 8.1.7? - going OT

From: Nikolay Kumanov <nkumanov_at_zgb.bg>
Date: Thu, 26 Oct 2000 10:30:21 +0300

"Plug and pray" is not a typo. It refers to a mystic state of unrest when
you are going to install some "plug and play" hardware (or software) on a
"plug and play" OS and although all the manufacturers claim that it will be
a breeze, some inner voice tells you that the result will be a complete mess. Some wise people suggest different ways to cope with it:

  1. Perform a voodoo dance during installation, pressing the "enter" key in a specific magic rhythm
  2. Chant solemnly the "One OS to rule them all" spell during install
  3. As it seems that the blue color has some magic relation to this phenomenon (blue screens appear), use large quantities of magic potions distilled from blue plants (blue agave for example)

(fighting for 3 hours with an installation of a "plug and play" CD-writer on a "plug and play and the most robust" OS - so far all CD drives missing and the registry probably corrupt),

Dr. Nikolay Kumanov

MIS Manager, Zeitungsgruppe Bulgarien GmbH 47, Tsarigradsko chaussee, Sofia 1504, Bulgaria phone: +(359-2)4339-643, fax: +(359-2)946-1286 mailto:nkumanov_at_zgb.bg

"Show me a completely smooth operation and I'll show you someone who's
covering mistakes. Real boats rock." - Frank Herbert, "Chapterhouse: Dune"