RE: Upgrade 8.0.4 to 8.1.x

From: Gabriel Galanternik <ggalanterni_at_tesis-oys.com.ar>
Date: Thu, 26 Oct 2000 13:03:03 -0300

> NT release

NT 4.0 service pack 3

> # of Oracle DBs:

only 1

> Size of Oracle DBs in G

 less than 1G

> 3rd party applications using DB

just some development tools like toad, etc

> do you use Enterprise Manager

so and so. it's installed but the few things I've done I've did it in command line in sqlplus or svrmgrl

>If the DB is small, you can create an 8i DB and import the current one into
it. Otherwise, it can get tricky.
you mean, install 8i in a new Oracle Home? or full export old, install over same Oracle Home and then
full import?
Thanks

Gabriel

pd: I've been out these OracleLists for more than a year and been back and I see some of you are still there...
so nice, so good...

     Gabriel Galanternik
         Tesis OyS

-Que tengas un muy buen dia!-