RE: Can I still do a full database export in 8.1.7? - going OT

From: Rachel Carmichael <>
Date: Thu, 26 Oct 2000 13:52:50 GMT

AH!!!! Okay, one of the ways to cope might also be one that I am stealing from a knitting writer (on speaking about cutting the material you have just knitted)....

take a large glass of Scotch then lie down in a dark room with a cool cloth over your eyes....

>From: Nikolay Kumanov <>
>To: Multiple recipients of list ORACLE-L <>
>Subject: RE: Can I still do a full database export in 8.1.7? - going OT
>Date: Thu, 26 Oct 2000 00:31:21 -0800
>"Plug and pray" is not a typo. It refers to a mystic state of unrest when
>you are going to install some "plug and play" hardware (or software) on a
>"plug and play" OS and although all the manufacturers claim that it will be
>a breeze, some inner voice tells you that the result will be a complete
>mess. Some wise people suggest different ways to cope with it:
>1. Perform a voodoo dance during installation, pressing the "enter" key in
>specific magic rhythm
>2. Chant solemnly the "One OS to rule them all" spell during install
>3. As it seems that the blue color has some magic relation to this
>phenomenon (blue screens appear), use large quantities of magic potions
>distilled from blue plants (blue agave for example)
>(fighting for 3 hours with an installation of a "plug and play" CD-writer
>a "plug and play and the most robust" OS - so far all CD drives missing and
>the registry probably corrupt),
>Dr. Nikolay Kumanov
>MIS Manager, Zeitungsgruppe Bulgarien GmbH
>47, Tsarigradsko chaussee, Sofia 1504, Bulgaria
>phone: +(359-2)4339-643, fax: +(359-2)946-1286
>"Show me a completely smooth operation and I'll show you someone who's
>covering mistakes. Real boats rock." - Frank Herbert, "Chapterhouse: Dune"

Share information about yourself, create your own public profile at Received on Thu Oct 26 2000 - 08:52:50 CDT

Original text of this message