Re: Pre-requisites for creating an Oracle Database

From: Ron Rogers <RROGERS_at_galottery.org>
Date: Thu, 26 Oct 2000 16:22:51 -0400

Don't rely on the printed pages anymore. It cost $ to print, bundle, = package, and ship. The CD that comes with the original order SHOULD have = all the documentation needed or you should be able to find it an the FTP = site in pdf format. The URL stated on the startup cd may or maynot be =

valid for the version of Oracle and os that you are trying to load. I have =
found that once a version is listed as "to be de-supported" then the doc's =
are removed from the Oracle documentation site. brows around ftp://oracle-f=
tp.oracle.com and you might find exactly what you are looking for. ROR =AA=BF=AA >>> JKanagaraj_at_mfi.com 10/26/00 02:06PM >>> Anjali,

> Where can I find a document which gives the detailed information about
> the pre-requisites for creating an Oracle Dabase???

>=20

> For e.g. Hardware Configuration, Applications which are going to
> run...etc..etc...

The Oracle Installation and Users Guide for that particular OS generally gives a fair idea of what is expected. You can read this online at OTN (http://technet.oracle.com) if you don't have it...

John Kanagaraj
--=20
Please see the official ORACLE-L FAQ: http://www.orafaq.com=20 --=20
Author: John Kanagaraj
  INET: JKanagaraj_at_mfi.com=20

To REMOVE yourself from this mailing list, send an E-Mail message to: ListGuru_at_fatcity.com (note EXACT spelling of 'ListGuru') and in the message BODY, include a line containing: UNSUB ORACLE-L (or the name of mailing list you want to be removed from). You may also send the HELP command for other information (like subscribing). Received on Thu Oct 26 2000 - 15:22:51 CDT