Re: Oracle on NT

From: Paul Drake <paled_at_home.com>
Date: Wed, 25 Oct 2000 03:08:23 -0400

nstetson_at_csc.com wrote:

> Does anyone have any scripts on NT to determine if the Oracle service is
> running?
>
> I am also interested in a script to determine if the database itself is
> up/down when the service is running.
>
> Thanks,
> Nancy

Nancy,

This is very crude - in fact, so much so that I am doubting whether to post it at all.
So far, you've received no reply, so I guess that this is better than nothing.
This was on W2K Pro:

C:\>(net start) > net_start.txt

C:\>find "Ora*" net_start.txt

Its mighty crude, but its headed in the right direction. Maybe the NTResKit has a few posix-compliant GNU gems that will process this in one command. Received on Wed Oct 25 2000 - 02:08:23 CDT