Re: ADMIN: Update, warning and offer

From: Jared Still <jkstill_at_bcbso.com>
Date: Wed, 25 Oct 2000 07:50:03 -0700 (PDT)

Comments embedded:

On Tue, 24 Oct 2000, Bruce Bergman wrote:

> **1** Sorry about the down day last week.

thanks for the explanation.

> **2** As you know, the list archives are still not available via E-mail.
..
> In the meantime, you can see item #5 below for an alternate method

again, thanks

> **3** Someone asked why encoded attachments are filtered out in list
> traffic. First of all, let me remind you that mailing lists are intended to
> be PLAIN TEXT exchanges. There is no place for HTML and weird character
> sets in mailing lists.

Thanks for stating this policy. I'm part of the 90% that find HTML in my mail an annoyance. Personally, I never read them. They go directly to the big bit bucket in the sky. Same goes for mail without a subject.

> **4** Almost as bad a posting an attachment is the careless quoting of

guilty as charged. Partly being short of time, parly lazy. :) I promise to be more consciencous and encourage everyone else on the list to do the same.

Jared Still
Certified Oracle DBA and Part Time Perl Evangelist ;-) Regence BlueCross BlueShield of Oregon
jkstill_at_bcbso.com - Work - preferred address Received on Wed Oct 25 2000 - 09:50:03 CDT