RE: Re[2]: Re[2]:Upgrading Oracle

From: Jeffery Stevenson <jeff_at_mpv.com>
Date: Wed, 25 Oct 2000 10:39:26 -0500

Sounds like the tables will be having too many updates/inserts to make bitmap indexes feasible. She could possibly split the table up and then create a view to map it back to the way the application expects to see it (even using INSTEAD-OF triggers to map inserts and updates properly). Well, she'll figure something out. :)

Jeff

Author: Rachel Carmichael
  INET: carmichr_at_hotmail.com

Author: Adams, Matthew (GEA, 088130)