RE: What is your experience with 8.1.6?

From: Lewis, Ed <Ed_Lewis_at_PremierInc.com>
Date: Wed, 25 Oct 2000 10:47:15 -0400

We've been using it for several months
with no problems on solaris 2.7.

-----Original Message-----
From: Cherie_Machler_at_gelco.com [mailto:Cherie_Machler_at_gelco.com] Sent: Tuesday, October 24, 2000 2:17 PM
To: Multiple recipients of list ORACLE-L Subject: What is your experience with 8.1.6?

Listers,

We are considering upgrading our 7.3.4 and 8.0.4 databases to either 8.1.5, 8.1.6, or 8.1.7.

I asked previously on the list about experiences with 8.1.7 and got three responses. That leads me to believe that 8.1.7 is not being heavily used. Although we are leaning towards 8.1.7 for technical reasons, some team members are concerned that it may be too bleeding edge. I don't know if that is true or not.

In any case, I thought I would ask specifically about 8.1.6. Are you using 8.1.6? If yes, what has your experience been? Are you using it for mission-critical, production databases? Are you using partitions?
Are you using it on VLDBs?

Thanks in advance for taking time to reply.

Cherie

  INET: Cherie_Machler_at_gelco.com

To REMOVE yourself from this mailing list, send an E-Mail message to: ListGuru_at_fatcity.com (note EXACT spelling of 'ListGuru') and in the message BODY, include a line containing: UNSUB ORACLE-L (or the name of mailing list you want to be removed from). You may also send the HELP command for other information (like subscribing). Received on Wed Oct 25 2000 - 09:47:15 CDT