OCI Problem

From: Hemangee Kapoor <hemangee_at_pspl.co.in>
Date: Wed, 25 Oct 2000 14:24:11 +0530

Hello,

I am trying to retrieve data from a LONG RAW column by using the piecewise feature of Oracle.
I use the statements in the following sequence OCIDefinePos(...)
OCIStmtExecute(...)
status = OCIStmtFetch(...)
if(status == OCI_NEED_DATA)
{

    OCIStmtGetPieceInfo(...)
    OCIStmtSetPieceInfo(...)
}

Then I again do OCIStmtExecute(...) until I get OCI_SUCCESS or any other error.

I have set the MAX_DATASISE to 256 bytes. The data is quite more than 256, but everytime in the loop, OCIStmtGetPieceInfo() call returns me pieceinfo=OCI_ONE_PIECE instead of OCI_FIRST_PIECE. So I am unable to get the full data.

Can I get some help in this ?

I don't understand how OCI knows the size of chunk I am fetching. We do this in the SetPieceInfo stmt. But that is executed after the GetPieceInfo. Although I have given the chunk size in the DefineByPos stmt, but the documentation says that for OCI_DYNAMIC_FETCH mode this parameter is ignored. Received on Wed Oct 25 2000 - 03:54:11 CDT