Deallocate channel vs Release channel in RMAN

From: Cale, Rick T (Richard) <RICHARD.T.CALE_at_saic.com>
Date: Tue, 24 Oct 2000 04:15:02 -0700

Hi DBAs,

In the doc I have it says DEALLOCATE CHANNEL closes the channel and interface to the OS
and RELEASE CHANNEL releases the channel.

Can someone explain in more detail what RELEASE CHANNEL does? It is not clear to me.

Thanks
Rick

Rick Cale, Science Applications International Corp. Phone:865-481-2198, fax:865-481-8555
e-mail: caler_at_saic.com Received on Tue Oct 24 2000 - 06:15:02 CDT