NLS_CHARACTERSET (?)

From: Kader Ben <kaderb_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Tue, 24 Oct 2000 06:37:23 -0700 (PDT)

Hi Oracle Gurus,

 I have problem to display French characters (é, â ...) on the client side.
I have two DB when I call the first from the client, I can display these characters:

SQL> select * from kader;

NOM

Bâli
Tétéavertisseur

But when I call the second (from the another machine) on the same machine client and the same OS user I cannot display these characters :

SQL> select * from kader;

NOM

Bbli
Titiavertisseur

I setted OS user profile like this:

setenv NLS_LANG FRENCH_CANADA
setenv NLS_NUMERIC_CHARACTERS .,
set NLS_SORT binary

setenv NLS_DATE_FORMAT DD-MON-RR
setenv NLS_DATE_LANGUAGE AMERICAN
setenv NLS_CHARACTERSET WE8ISO8859P1

But in vaine. The DB is oracle 8.0.5 on Solaris but for client and server.

Could you help me.

Kader

Do You Yahoo!?
Yahoo! Messenger - Talk while you surf! It's FREE. Received on Tue Oct 24 2000 - 08:37:23 CDT