Re: Strange problem with number of sessions

From: yong huang <yong321_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Tue, 24 Oct 2000 07:20:29 -0700 (PDT)

Hi, Lee,

Your session limit was probably *once* exceeded, at the time recorded in your alert.log. v$session only shows you the current number. Check v$resource_limit.max_utilization for the second row, sessions.

Yong Huang
yong321_at_yahoo.com

you wrote:

All,

Oracle 8.0.5
Tru64 4.0 Unix

We have number of sessions set to 115, processes set to 100.

We got alert log errors recently saying that the max no. of sessions had been exceeded, yet there were only 27 sessions showing in v$session. Is this a bug ?? Has anyone encountered this behaviour in the past. Or am I missing something obvious.

TIA Lee

Lee Robertson
Acxiom

Do You Yahoo!?
Yahoo! Messenger - Talk while you surf! It's FREE. Received on Tue Oct 24 2000 - 09:20:29 CDT