Re: What is your experience with 8.1.6?

From: Stephen Andert <StephenAndert_at_firsthealth.com>
Date: Tue, 24 Oct 2000 16:58:14 -0600

We have a fair number of databases that we have moved to 8.1.6, including = one that has over 145GB of datafiles. We have not had any "show stopping" = problems. There are a few bugs that we have encountered, but work-arounds = are working. A couple of the bugs have been related to partitioned tables. = (using the dbms.analyze_schema with estimate doesn't work)

We are using partitioning for many of the tables and are looking at the = best way to implement transportable tablespaces for data archival.

This is a mission-critical database running on Digital UNIX V4.0F.=20

Good luck.

Stephen=20

>>> Cherie_Machler_at_gelco.com 10/24 11:16 AM >>>
Listers,

We are considering upgrading our 7.3.4 and 8.0.4 databases to either 8.1.5, 8.1.6, or 8.1.7.

I asked previously on the list about experiences with 8.1.7 and got three responses. That leads me to believe that 8.1.7 is not being heavily used. Although we are leaning towards 8.1.7 for technical reasons, some team members are concerned that it may be too bleeding edge. I don't know if that is true or not.

In any case, I thought I would ask specifically about 8.1.6. Are you using 8.1.6? If yes, what has your experience been? Are you using it for mission-critical, production databases? Are you using partitions?
Are you using it on VLDBs?

Thanks in advance for taking time to reply.

Cherie

--=20
Please see the official ORACLE-L FAQ: http://www.orafaq.com=20 --=20
Author:=20
  INET: Cherie_Machler_at_gelco.com=20

To REMOVE yourself from this mailing list, send an E-Mail message to: ListGuru_at_fatcity.com (note EXACT spelling of 'ListGuru') and in the message BODY, include a line containing: UNSUB ORACLE-L (or the name of mailing list you want to be removed from). You may also send the HELP command for other information (like subscribing). Received on Tue Oct 24 2000 - 17:58:14 CDT