Q about locks

From: Shevtsov, Eduard <EShevtsov_at_flagship.ru>
Date: Tue, 24 Oct 2000 17:10:33 +0400

Hi DBAs

Let say I have a child table A(id, b_id, c) and parent table B(id, d, e, ...). The field A.b_id has foreign key to B.id and there is a concatened index ind1(b_id, c). Does Oracle lock table A in share mode when I update PK (id field) in table B ? Or is it possible that Oracle uses an index entries to hold the lock?

 What about if the index has the same fields in reverse order (ind1(c, b_id)) ?

Thanks in advance

Ed

Sorry my English Received on Tue Oct 24 2000 - 08:10:33 CDT