Re: Can I still do a full database export in 8.1.7?

From: Roby Sherman <rxsherm_at_interealm.com>
Date: Tue, 24 Oct 2000 18:11:32 -0500

I'll quote from the Oracle Utilities docs:

"A complete Export establishes a base for incremental and cumulative Exports. It is equivalent to a full database Export, except that it also updates the tables that track incremental and cumulative Exports."

I think it's safe to say that getting rid of "full export" capabilities in a dot release would have been a suicidal move for Oracle. :) I really don't think you have anything to worry about here.

Also, if you look about 5-10 lines above where the readme says that Complete exports are gone, you will notice that they talk about a functionality change in the "full export" where triggers owned by SYS are no longer exported...

--Roby