RE: Installation of parallel server

From: Adams, Matthew (GEA, 088130) <MATT.ADAMS_at_APPL.GE.COM>
Date: Mon, 23 Oct 2000 09:06:34 -0400

The hardware requirement for OPS are hardware specific. For example, if you are running on HP, you must purchase, install and configure HP's ServiceGuard for Oracle Parallel Server software before you install Oracle. Other hardware vendors have their own clustering software/hardware for their systems.

Configuring OPS involves setting up raw devices to be used as control files, online redo logs and datafiles, then setting certain init.ora parameters for the DLM and other OPS specific issues.

I would highly suggest that you not consider any version of OPS prior to 8.1.6. Then, get a copy of the 8i documentation CD-ROM and read the following manuals

Oracle8i Parallel Server Administration, Deployment, and Performance Oracle8i Parallel Server Setup and Configuration Guide Oracle8i Parallel Server Concepts

There is a wealth of information in them.

R. Matt Adams - GE Appliances - matt.adams_at_appl.ge.com

   I may look like I'm doing nothing, but at the    cellular level, I'm really quite busy.