Strange problem with number of sessions

From: lerobe - Lee Robertson <LEROBE_at_acxiom.co.uk>
Date: Mon, 23 Oct 2000 10:17:55 +0100

All,

Oracle 8.0.5
Tru64 4.0 Unix

We have number of sessions set to 115, processes set to 100.

We got alert log errors recently saying that the max no. of sessions had been exceeded, yet there were only 27 sessions showing in v$session. Is this a bug ?? Has anyone encountered this behaviour in the past. Or am I missing something obvious.

TIA   Lee

Lee Robertson
Acxiom
Tel: 0191 525 7344
Fax: 0191 525 7007
Email: lerobe_at_acxiom.co.uk

The information contained in this communication is confidential, is intended only for the use of the recipient named above, and may be legally privileged. If the reader of this message is not the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any dissemination, distribution or copying of this communication is strictly prohibited. If you have received this communication in error, please re-send this communication to the sender and delete the original message or any copy of it from your computer Received on Mon Oct 23 2000 - 04:17:55 CDT