Re: Urgent! Online redo log files corruption

From: <Winnie_Liu_at_infonet.com>
Date: Mon, 23 Oct 2000 10:28:20 -0700

Hey.. thanks for all the post concerning this subject. And like what Tom and Rachel suggest, I better follow the Oracle support this time and do a pure Cancel based recovery. And btw, he is almost one of the best support I ever got on the phone with. After doing a cold backup on the database (before restore and recovery), he actually taught me some strange method to "increase" the SCN on the system manually! :P Even though it does not work the way we want it, but it was quite an experience.

Thanks everyone!

Winnie
:)

"Tom Pall" <tom_at_cdproc.com>@fatcity.com on 10/22/2000 10:15:21 AM

Please respond to ORACLE-L_at_fatcity.com

Sent by: root_at_fatcity.com

To: Multiple recipients of list ORACLE-L <ORACLE-L_at_fatcity.com> cc:

Subject: Re: Urgent! Online redo log files corruption

Oracle has idiot checks inside the database and does record when we do unsupported
things. If you want to have an Oracle supported database, you must follow their instructions.
Using the hidden parameter and not exporting/importing into a new database may not
reveal at first any problems. However the fact that you did so IS recorded.
Author: Tom Pall
  INET: tom_at_cdproc.com