RE: Urgent! Online redo log files corruption

From: K Gopalakrishnan <kaygopal_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Mon, 23 Oct 2000 12:23:36 -0700 (PDT)

Hi !!

Sorry for my the incomplete message. I Should have told that 'YOU MUST do an export/import after that'

I assumed it was implied in that and hence the confusion. But it is true that the information is recorded in the control files..

But as for the OFFICIAL support status goes.. Rachel is right. As Oracle Support asked her to bump scn ( I think is is thru the event BUMP_SCN Level 1.. which increases the SCN to i Billion .. Am I right Winne??)

And what i was intertested at that time (an Urgent flagged message at the weekend seeking for support) is to clarify the internal workings of that paramter..

Thanks Satar..

Warm Regards,
K Gopalakrishnan
Bangalore, INDIA

Do You Yahoo!?
Yahoo! Messenger - Talk while you surf! It's FREE. Received on Mon Oct 23 2000 - 14:23:36 CDT