Any word on old "TEMP" de-support?

From: Roby Sherman <rxsherm_at_interealm.com>
Date: Mon, 23 Oct 2000 22:38:36 -0500

Hi.

Does anyone know which version of Oracle will be de-supporting the older style of temp space created with the "create tablespace xyz temporary" syntax in favor of the new "create temporary tablespace xyz tempfile abc" syntax?

Obviously there are major benefits in using the newer temp style (recovery, etc.), but I'm wondering how long I have to convert some of my company's older configurations?

Thanks. Received on Mon Oct 23 2000 - 22:38:36 CDT