RE: Urgent! Online redo log files corruption

From: Rajesh Dayal <Rajesh_at_ohitelecom.com>
Date: Sun, 22 Oct 2000 13:39:09 +0400

Hi Winnie,

        Another option could be to clear the online redolog files (in nomount/mount state). But you are very much likely to lose some (uncommitted) data...

        I had done this once successfully to give a demo of Backup restore procedure where the Full cold backup was restored to a diff Machine and the backup didn't had online redolog files.

        Of course you have to backup after opening the DB.

HTH,
Rajesh