Sql loader and column defaults.

From: Ron Rogers <RROGERS_at_galottery.org>
Date: Fri, 20 Oct 2000 13:28:11 -0400

List,
  I have a question on the SQL loader and column defaults of a table. = Oracle 7.3.4.0.1 running on a Dell box with Novell os. The default for the = numeric columns =3D 0 and the data is loaded using SQL loader 7.3.4.0.1. = If the data source file contains blanks between the comma delimiters, the = load fails with invalid expression errors. If the data source does not = contain anything between the comma delimiters the load succeeds but = nothing is entered into the column with the default=3D0. Using SQL and the insert command, if the column is not called in the = command then a zero is inserted into the column. If the column is called = and no value placed between the commas in the values clause, the command = replies with a missing expression response. I thought that the default clause on a column would work even with SQL = Loader in case the source data did not contain data in all of the proper = columns defined in the control file.
Anyone else experience this behavior?=20 ROR =AA=BF=AA Received on Fri Oct 20 2000 - 12:28:11 CDT