RE: internal error when selecting from V$PWFILE_USERS.

From: Steven Monaghan <MonaghaS_at_mscdirect.com>
Date: Thu, 19 Oct 2000 09:14:46 -0400

I cannot speak for Tom, but in my case, crash meant the database was no longer open, no one could access the database, SHUTDOWN IMMEDIATE did not work, and I had to SHUTDOWN ABORT and STARTUP the database. Automatic recovery then occured.

The interesting thing that happened to me was that it did not crash my test instance, but it did crash production.

Steve

Steven Monaghan
Oracle DBA
MSC Industrial Direct Co., Inc.
Melville, NY
MonaghaS_at_mscdirect.com

This e-mail is intended for the use of the addressee(s) only and may contain privileged, confidential, or proprietary information that is exempt from disclosure under law. If you are not the intended recipient, please do not read, copy, use or disclose the contents of this communication to others. Received on Thu Oct 19 2000 - 08:14:46 CDT