RE: Shutdown immediate hangs

From: Weerd Kirsten, E.C. de <Kirsten.deWeerd_at_Oranjewoud.nl>
Date: Thu, 19 Oct 2000 09:51:44 +0100

Marco,

        I don't know if it is the best solution, but it works for us :

        We've had similar problems, mostly caused by Stored Procedures that had been started, but hadn't finished by the time the backup-script kicked in. Shutdown immediate apparantly waited for a PL/SQL-block to finish. Starting any new block would fail ...

        So now we do a shutdown abort - startup - shutdown immediate

        The shutdown abort makes sure every process that would prevent de DB from shutting

	Startup
	Shutdown immediate for thread recovery etc. ...

	Hope this helps.

	Greets,

   Kirsten