RE: isolation levels - I think?

From: Adam Turner <ATurner_at_concreteinc.com>
Date: Thu, 19 Oct 2000 11:16:56 -0400

Thanks Michael,

They are different sessions and different connections. I don't think the isolation level was changed, but if so where would that change be occuring ... probably on the reading data level ... and if so it would need to be explicitly stated before the transaction. I know this is not being done so I agree that this is probably not the case.

There is not commit in the Procedure. It has been checked and triplechecked. Perhaps I am missing it, but it looks OK. A commit is only for the current session right? And any given user can have n sessions ... so if a commit is issued in another session there really is no way for it to commit these updates ...

Solution that is working currently. A second login / connection for the updates that is used for this task. This way I gain finer security control over the updates anyway .. and I achieve the desired result of the commit.

thanks for the input though.

Hope all is well

Adam

Author: Michael Netrusov