ORA-01545 - Urgent

From: Ricardo Luis Agostinho <ricaluis_at_convex.com.br>
Date: Thu, 19 Oct 2000 16:17:06 -0200

Hello, everything well? I would like a help if possible.

A datafile of a tablespace of rollback segments was corrupted in an Oracle 8.0.5 in a NT 4 SP5.

I got to open the database after " alter database datafile... offline drop ", however now,
when I try drop the tablespace I receive a message saying that segments of active rollback exist. Then I try drop (or to place offline) the segments of rollback of the tablespace and I receive the message:

ORA-01545 - rollback segment RBS9 specified is not available

The problem is that if I liberate the database, he tries to use this rollback segment and it happens a mistake of I/O. (reminding that I already created other tablespace with other rollback segments).

Could anybody tell me as drop the tablespace?

I found an alternative in the metalink that consisted in:

1 - to open the database in exclusive mode
2 - to place all the tablespaces of users off-line
3 - to place all the tablespaces of users on-line
4 - shutdown and startup

However, it didn't solve, the ORA-01545 it continues.

I thank any help at once. Received on Thu Oct 19 2000 - 13:17:06 CDT