RE: re: Profiles, idle time and the web

From: <Winnie_Liu_at_infonet.com>
Date: Wed, 18 Oct 2000 09:46:31 -0700

Hey Mladen,

You are definitely welcome to work with me! I like people say things the straight way. And you are way, sometimes there is no silver bullet that would fix the whole problem. Reprogramme is the only way. If you find it too hard to accept or cost you too much work, just present it to the management this way. Ask them for more man power or more money, or even consider switch to a better product.

DBAs cannot perform magic. We all work subject to constraints. And Mladen did give you an answer. The answer is just a pure NO WAY.

Winnie

"Gogala, Mladen" <MGogala_at_oxhp.com>@fatcity.com on 10/17/2000 03:21:44 PM

Please respond to ORACLE-L_at_fatcity.com

Sent by: root_at_fatcity.com

To: Multiple recipients of list ORACLE-L <ORACLE-L_at_fatcity.com> cc:

Subject: RE: re: Profiles, idle time and the web

It's a "he". And I did respond to the question: reprogramming is the only way. The lady was looking for a silver bullet that would somehow make the forms handle the unhandled exceptions. Of course, silver ammunition does not exist. Why do people always get angry when someone tells them that?
That reminds of the "Shark Tank" column in the Computerworld magazine and the anecdote in which an IS manager asks for the schedule of all unexpected outages....

Author: Dennis Taylor
  INET: ismgr_at_pctc.com

Author: Gogala, Mladen
  INET: MGogala_at_oxhp.com