Re: how to drop datafile

From: <Winnie_Liu_at_infonet.com>
Date: Wed, 18 Oct 2000 11:18:45 -0700

 NO, sorry, you cannot drop a datafile in a tablespace. The only way to drop a datafile from a tablespace is to rebuild the whole tablespace.

But you can surely resize this datafile to a very very small size.

Winnie

"Helmut Daiminger" <hdaiminger_at_vivonet.com> on 10/18/2000 11:06:41 AM

Please respond to <hdaiminger_at_vivonet.com>

To: "Oracle List \(Telelist\)" <ORACLE-L_at_fatcity.com>, "Oracle DBA List

      \(Lazy DBA\)" <oracledba_at_quickdoc.co.uk> cc:

Subject: how to drop datafile

Hi!

I accidentally added a datafile to the wrong tablespace. How can I drop this
datafile from that tablespace again?

Thanks,
Helmut

Think you know someone who can answer the above question? Forward it to them!
to unsubscribe, send a blank email to oracledba-unsubscribe_at_LAZYDBA.com to subscribe send a blank email to oracledba-subscribe_at_LAZYDBA.com Received on Wed Oct 18 2000 - 13:18:45 CDT