RE: group by sorting

From: Eric D. Pierce <PierceED_at_csus.edu>
Date: Wed, 18 Oct 2000 11:40:11 -0700

As part of the unwashed rabble, I'll say that is correct, but for whatever its worth, I've written hundreds of aggregate query reports for 10 years on oracle5/6/7, and have *almost* never had to use order by (all reports are "manually" qc'd before sending out anyway).

Of course in our case it is mostly on simple data (never analyzed, the columns aggregated are almost never PKs, and the vast bulk of data is sorted by PK upon load anyway.)

regards,
ep

On 18 Oct 2000, at 5:50, larry elkins wrote:

Date sent:      	Wed, 18 Oct 2000 05:50:55 -0800
To:             	Multiple recipients of list ORACLE-L <ORACLE-L_at_fatcity.com>
Send reply to:  	ORACLE-L_at_fatcity.com
From:           	larry elkins <elkinsl_at_flash.net>
Subject:        	RE: group by sorting