RE: Moving data from one db to another

From: Deshpande, Kirti <kirti.deshpande_at_verizon.com>
Date: Wed, 18 Oct 2000 14:20:21 -0500

Hi,
 There is no need to do 2 exports. Just perform one export with data. Run import with indexfile= option to get a ddl for rebuilding the objects. Edit the ddl file for tables and indexes (I split it into two files, one for tables and other for indexes) to create them in proper tablespaces and with proper storage clause. Set quota to 0 on all unwanted tablespaces for the schema owner. Run the table creation ddl to build all the table with no data in proper tablespaces. Next, run import with ignore=y, commit=y options to get the data in.
Hope this helps..
- Kirti