RE: RE : user identification

From: Shevtsov, Eduard <EShevtsov_at_flagship.ru>
Date: Wed, 18 Oct 2000 14:51:20 +0400

Hi Stephane, Patrick.

Thank you for your responses

It's a distributed application. The schemas can be installed on a single db or several db. There are some additional modules (you can read 'db schemas') and user has two choices to login to these schemas. First (explicit) way allows user to log in the schema directly using GUI. The second way (implicit for user) allows user to get some additional data from these schemas via db links when he(she) works in the main schema. I can use v$session.program to determine who is who but I would like to know is there another way to determine that session "came" actually via DB link

Thanks again

Ed