RE: What is usually expected of a DBA

From: <Winnie_Liu_at_infonet.com>
Date: Wed, 18 Oct 2000 15:53:38 -0700

I am trying to influence them by whispering in their ears: 'the apps is=

slow. It must be the system!" :) So far.. pretty successful! :)

WInnie

Diana Duncan <Diana_at_fileFRENZY.com>@fatcity.com on 10/18/2000 04:41:11 = PM

Please respond to ORACLE-L_at_fatcity.com

Sent by: root_at_fatcity.com

To: Multiple recipients of list ORACLE-L <ORACLE-L_at_fatcity.com> cc:

Subject: RE: What is usually expected of a DBA

The one I get is "The app is slow.=A0 It must be the database!", which=  so
far has never been true.
From: David mailto:dmesser_at_prospective-health.com] Sent: Wednesday, October 18, 2000 2:17 PM To: Multiple recipients of list ORACLE-L Subject: What is usually expected of a DBA

List Members,

Is there an activity or list of activities that you would consider to = be
implied by the title database administrator?=A0 Making sure there is a=

backup
for the database, for instance.=A0 I'm hoping to understand what is u= sually
expected of a DBA.

Thanks in advance,
David Messer

--
Please see the official ORACLE-L  FAQ: http://www.orafaq.com
Author: David

=A0 INET: dmesser_at_prospective-health.com
Fat City Network Services=A0=A0=A0 -- (858) 538-5051=A0 FAX: (858) 538= -5051 San Diego, California=A0=A0=A0=A0=A0=A0=A0 -- Public Internet access = / Mailing Lists -------------------------------------------------------------------- To REMOVE yourself from this mailing list, send an E-Mail message to: ListGuru_at_fatcity.com (note EXACT spelling of 'ListGuru') and in the message BODY, include a line containing: UNSUB ORACLE-L (or the name of mailing list you want to be removed from).=A0 You may