Informatica's Powermart and Business Objects product and many databases

From: paquette stephane <stephane_paquette_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Tue, 17 Oct 2000 06:28:15 -0700 (PDT)

Hi,

To people using Informatica Powermart 4.6 and Business Objects WebIntelligence 2.6 products.

We're using those 2 products, we'll have 4 environments (dev, test, pre-prod, prod). Each environment has its own Oracle instance (Oracle 8.1.6 on Solaris 2.7);

The development team people are debutants on both products. (Do we like to gamble or not !!!) For Powermart, they're telling me that you must have 1 repository to handle the 4 environments, of course that repository would be on the prod instance. For WebIntelligence, they're telling me that you must have 1 user per environment , of course those 4 users would be on the prod instance.

I would have prefer that each environment contains its own repository for each tool in order to have no dev/test/pre-prod stuff on the production environment.

I do not know those products and have not really the time to do the development team's job. Can I separate the 4 environments completely ?
What is the best way to handle multiple environments for those products ?

TIA

Stephane Paquette
DBA Oracle
stephane_paquette_at_yahoo.com

Do You Yahoo!?
Yahoo! Messenger - Talk while you surf! It's FREE. Received on Tue Oct 17 2000 - 08:28:15 CDT