Re: NT Configuration paper and DBA Checklist

From: Michael Ray <Michael.Ray_at_trw.com>
Date: Tue, 17 Oct 2000 07:54:33 -0700

FYI, I uploaded Sean O'Neill's paper on my personal site. The URL is http://www.geocities.com/Colosseum/1190/oracle/ORACLE_NT_CONFIG.pdf

Does anyone have a complete (yet generic) DBA checklist they'd like to = offer to the list?

I'm pretty new to this DBA thing and my managers would like to know what = it is I would normally be doing on a regular basis. While I have some = ideas of what I SHOULD be doing (from reading things like DBA 101, etc. - = BTW, excellent book, Rachel), I'm not given the time to accomplish them. = Our last DBA left partly because of this so we want to make sure I stay = happy. Basically I need to justify in some fashion what it is I ought to = be doing daily, weekly, etc and how long it takes to accomplish that so = they don't mismanage me.

I would prefer a direct response as well as to the list as we're currently = experiencing email issues which prevent me from reading more than a fourth = of the digest. Thanks!

Michael Ray
CIM Engineer
TRW Marshall
217-826-3011 x2438 Received on Tue Oct 17 2000 - 09:54:33 CDT