Oracle memory usage.

From: Jenner Mike <M.Jenner_at_southampton.gov.uk>
Date: Tue, 17 Oct 2000 11:19:30 +0100

Hi,

        Does anyone know how to monitor memory usage on Solaris (2.6)? Either used/free or for a particular process?

The values given by ps -efl,top include the shared libraries etc and so are larger than actual memory required for that process. The values given by vmstat reflect the ageing of pages that Solaris manages for me but makes it difficult to show how much is used for real.

This has bugged me for ages so I hope someone can help.

Regards,
Mike Jenner
Oracle DBA Received on Tue Oct 17 2000 - 05:19:30 CDT