Re:Where is pro*C compiler in 8.1.5?

From: <dgoulet_at_vicr.com>
Date: Tue, 17 Oct 2000 12:27:54 -0400

Cherie,

    Restart the installer. It's under development tools & you have to do it as two separate install sessions. Not pretty at all. In the end it will end up in the right place in $ORACLE_HOME/bin & $ORACLE_HOME/precomp.

Dick Goulet

Subject: Where is pro*C compiler in 8.1.5? Author: Cherie_Machler_at_gelco.com
Date: 10/17/00 8:31 AM

Where is the pro*C compiler (directory) located in the 8.1.5 release? As you can see below, when we do which from the O.S. prompt, it is not found.

We don't see it in $ORACLE_HOME/bin . It doesn't even seem selectable as an option from the installer GUI.

What's the deal? Where does it live now? What is it called? Do we need to use the proc precompiler that came with 8.0.4?

Thanks,

Cherie

fox:/orasoft/oracle > which proc
no proc in /orasoft/oracle/product/8i/bin /usr/sbin /usr/bin usr/local/bin /usr/ ucb /usr/ccs/bin /usr/dt/bin /etc /usr/openwin/bin /opt/SUNWvxva/bin /etc/vx/bin  /usr/lib/fs/vxfs /opt/SUNWspro/bin /opt/NSCPcom .

  INET: Cherie_Machler_at_gelco.com

To REMOVE yourself from this mailing list, send an E-Mail message to: ListGuru_at_fatcity.com (note EXACT spelling of 'ListGuru') and in the message BODY, include a line containing: UNSUB ORACLE-L (or the name of mailing list you want to be removed from). You may also send the HELP command for other information (like subscribing). Received on Tue Oct 17 2000 - 11:27:54 CDT