Re: Oracle memory usage.

From: ARUN K C <arun_k_c_at_hotmail.com>
Date: Tue, 17 Oct 2000 13:53:56 GMT

do a pmap on the particular process you will come to know how much memory he is using
I think you have used this,if not try this out it is in /usr/proc/pmap -x process_id
once you get the pmap subtract the shared_mem and anon from the table you will come to know how much the particular application is using and also use this command /usr/ucb/ps auxw|head this will tell you which is using how much mem and cpu also
I hope this helps

>From: Jenner Mike <M.Jenner_at_southampton.gov.uk>
>To: Multiple recipients of list ORACLE-L <ORACLE-L_at_fatcity.com>
>Subject: Oracle memory usage.
>Date: Tue, 17 Oct 2000 03:30:21 -0800
>
>Hi,
> Does anyone know how to monitor memory usage on Solaris (2.6)?
>Either used/free or for a particular process?
>
>The values given by ps -efl,top include the shared libraries etc and so are
>larger than actual memory required for that process.
>The values given by vmstat reflect the ageing of pages that Solaris manages
>for me but makes it difficult to show how much is used for real.
>
>This has bugged me for ages so I hope someone can help.
>
>Regards,
>Mike Jenner
>Oracle DBA
>

>--
>--
>Author: Jenner Mike
> INET: M.Jenner_at_southampton.gov.uk

Share information about yourself, create your own public profile at Received on Tue Oct 17 2000 - 08:53:56 CDT