Oracle Database - EMC Disks and BCV

From: Praveen Gautam <gautam_at_pipeline.com>
Date: Tue, 17 Oct 2000 14:47:57 -0500

Hi All,
I am in the process of designing a backup strategy for our Web Portal Database. The database will reside on EMC disks. I am familiar with the BCV concept but do not have any hands-on experience. I need your help to determine the following.

  1. Is is better to keep control file and the redo log groups/members separate from the data files?
  2. Is it better to put all tablespaces in backup mode, split the BCV and end backup mode - OR - put each tablespace in backup mode one at a time. In the second case, should I keep the tablespace/datafiles in separate volumes?

All comments are appreciated.

TIA

--

| Praveen K. Gautam |