Re: Start/Stop a Listener

From: Aldo Sigura <asigura_at_cmsenergy.com>
Date: Tue, 17 Oct 2000 15:46:52 -0300

You may reload the listener to reflect the changes of the listener.ora file.
The command is: lsnrctl reload

In this form the listener is not down in any moment.

Aldo Sigura
Empresa Distribuidora de Electricidad de Entre Rios Argentina

"Mark Leith" <mark_at_cool-tools.co.uk>@fatcity.com on 17/10/2000 12:35:31=

Please respond to ORACLE-L_at_fatcity.com

Sent by: root_at_fatcity.com

To: Multiple recipients of list ORACLE-L <ORACLE-L_at_fatcity.com> cc:
Subject: Start/Stop a Listener

Guys and gals,

We have a listener.ora file that has been updated to show an extra por= t
for a=A0connection. Now as I understand the listener has to be bounced=  for
that change to take effect right?

So.. if we need to bounce the listener,=A0would that have any affects = on a
production database? if so is there any way to get around it?

As always your help is greatly appreciated.

Regards

Mark

Mark Leith
=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D Cool Tools UK Ltd Received on Tue Oct 17 2000 - 13:46:52 CDT