RE: Oracle memory usage.

From: Jenner Mike <M.Jenner_at_southampton.gov.uk>
Date: Tue, 17 Oct 2000 17:23:40 +0100

Thanks,

        That looks like the command I've always wanted!

ps -efl or /usr/ucb/ps -auxw always shows the memsize including shared stuff but this command enables me to subtract the SGA and other shared area values giving the memory taken by just that process.

Does anyone have any ideas on my second question regarding total memory actively used in Solaris?
It would be handy to verify that we're not reaching max memory usage but because of the way Solaris keeps stuff paged in, it's not easy to track.

Thanks again..
Regards,
Mike.

Author: ARUN K C