Can I use mig utility to migrate from 8.0.4 to 8.1.5?

From: <Cherie_Machler_at_gelco.com>
Date: Mon, 16 Oct 2000 07:43:15 -0500

We have many 7.3.4, 8.0.4, and 8.1.5 databases.

We have been successfully migrating the 7.3.4 databases using the mig utility up to 8.1.5.

The documentation states that the mig tool is not normally used to migrate from one 8.x database to a higher 8.x level. I will probably use export/import on most of the 8.0.4 databases as it's cleaner and conceptually simpler.

I'd like to use it to migrate one of our large 8.0.4 data warehouse databases up to 8.1.5. We have a fairly small window to do the migration in and we can avoid a lot of error-prone busy work if we can successfully use the migration tool.

Has anyone used mig to go from 8.0.x to 8.1.x? Has anyone had any problems using the mig migration tool on partitioned objects?

Thanks in advance for sharing your migration experiences. Received on Mon Oct 16 2000 - 07:43:15 CDT