Re: Oracle client compatibility

From: Regina Harter <rharter_at_emc-inc.com>
Date: Mon, 16 Oct 2000 09:45:41 -0700

Oracle has always been "downward compatible" as far as SQLNet is concerned. We have operated successfully for over a year using SQLNet 2 (and PB 7.3 driver) to access an 8.0.6 database with absolutely no problems. You may miss out on some functions which might now be permitted with the 8.1.6 client, but if you weren't going to upgrade your apps to take advantage of them it makes no difference to you.