RE: Oracle on Linux

From: Jordi Sanmarti <JSanmarti_at_tss.com.pe>
Date: Mon, 16 Oct 2000 11:04:46 -0500

Steff,

After you have installed Oracle on Linux, you have to set all the environment variables needed by Oracle.

Logon as oracle user (linux account) and modify your user profile file.

$> vi .profile

After that, you have to set all these variables.

ORACLE_HOME= <set your ora home dir> (i.e. /opt/oracle/OraHome1)
ORACLE_BASE= <set you ora base dir> (i.e. /opt/oracle)
ORACLE_SID= <you ora instance>

LD_LIBRARY_PATH=$ORACLE_HOME/lib
PATH=$PATH:$ORACLE_HOME/bin
CLASSPATH=$ORACLE_HOME/jlib:$ORACLE_HOME/rdbms/jlib:$ORACLE_HOME/rdbms/jlib: $ORACLE_HOME/network/jlib:$ORACLE_HOME/plsql/jlib:$ORACLE_HOME/assistants/jl ib:$ORACLE_HOME/owm/jlib:$ORACLE_HOME/ord/jlib export ORACLE_HOME ORACLE_BASE PATH CLASSPATH LD_LIBRARY_PATH ORACLE_SID

Hope this helps,
Jordi

Author: Steff Gonos
  INET: steff_gonos_at_yahoo.com