RE: Question concerning RAID0+1 and redo logs.

From: Mohan, Ross <Ross.Mohan_at_PictureVision.com>
Date: Mon, 16 Oct 2000 14:39:35 -0400

and the punchline is............

....you can afford to "lose" ALOT more disks under 1+0 than you can under 0+1.

( and for you "disk in single point of failure" fans, yes, oddly enough, even though the disks are a "single point of failure, you can lose up to almost HALF of them and keep on ticking! )

hth

Ross Mohan

Author: Sarka Chris (CGI)
  INET: Chris.Sarka_at_slvq.com

Author: Steve Orr
  INET: sorr_at_arzoo.com

Author: Kevin Martin
  INET: kevin.martin_at_catapultsystems.com

Author: Jeffery Stevenson
  INET: jeff_at_mpv.com

to: ListGuru_at_fatcity.com (note EXACT spelling of 'ListGuru') and in the message BODY, include a line containing: UNSUB ORACLE-L Received on Mon Oct 16 2000 - 13:39:35 CDT