RE: Question concerning RAID0+1 and redo logs.

From: Rachel Carmichael <carmichr_at_hotmail.com>
Date: Mon, 16 Oct 2000 19:09:06 GMT

and the reason for that is..... if you mirror a stripe set and lose the mirror, you lose multiple disks. But if you mirror first (1+0) then if you lose a mirror, you only lose one disk.

Less strain on your system

>From: "Steve Orr" <sorr_at_arzoo.com>
>To: Multiple recipients of list ORACLE-L <ORACLE-L_at_fatcity.com>
>Subject: RE: Question concerning RAID0+1 and redo logs.
>Date: Mon, 16 Oct 2000 09:10:27 -0800
>
>I'd get 2 mirrored and dedicated disks not on the RAID array, (maybe in the
>host cabinet). They don't need to be raw but redo's are the best candidates
>for raw if you need the performance boost. Also, as pointed out by Gaja
>Krishna Vaidyanatha at OOW, you want RAID1+0 not RAID0+1.
>
>Steve Orr

Share information about yourself, create your own public profile at Received on Mon Oct 16 2000 - 14:09:06 CDT